[hojia] early bird 報名在 10/12 截止 Re: [call for papers] Apache 基金會和 Eclipse 基金會在香港合辦的研討會

TzuChiang Liou tcliou at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Oct 4 11:12:49 CST 2007

幫忙代轉一下報名消息,主辦單位表示 the lower "early bird" registration
rate is going to end on October 12th ,所以各位有興趣參加者,歡迎儘快
報名,或是與 Aaron 聯繫,謝謝。

自強

Two leading organizations in the Open Source community, The Apache
Software Foundation and the Eclipse Foundation, have announced plans
for Asia’s largest Open Source community conference - the first of its
kind in Hong Kong and China.  The inaugural OS Summit Asia will be
held at the Le Meridian hotel in Hong Kong’s leading edge Cyberport IT
development zone on November 26th - 30th 2007.
The Apache Software Foundation and Eclipse Foundation are joining
together for the first time at OS Summit ASIA 2007, to be held at at
the Le Meridian hotel in Hong Kong’s Cyberport IT development zone on
November 26th - 30th 2007.  There is still time to register at the
special "Early Bird" rate before October 12th.

OS Summit combines 2 days of in-depth hands on trainings followed by a
3 day conference featuring over 60 presentations, "Birds of a Feather"
gatherings for group networking, interactive keynote panel, and Li
Gong Chairman and CEO of Mozilla Online Ltd doing the featured
keynote.  Speakers include open source leaders such as Brian
Behlendorf, Mike Milinkovich, and Karl Fogel, with talks focusing on
cutting edge technology, open source business practices, and building
a health and active community.

I really think this is going to be a great event here in Hong Kong and
an incredible opportunity for those who attend.  However, there is
limited space, so please register quickly before ticket prices rise or
disappear alltogether.  Visit www.ossummit.com for more information
and to register. And help us get the word out!

If you're part of a local open source user group or a non-profit
IT/internet association and would be interested in becoming a
community partner for the conference, let me know.  The conference
team has agreed to extend a 10% discount to members of such groups
that sign up.  Additionally, we're still looking for more local
businesses (of all sizes) as conference sponsors.

For specific questions, you can email info at ossummit.com or Aaron Farr,
ASF director currently residing in Hong Kong, directly at
farra at apache.org.  I'll try to get back in touch with everyone as
quickly as possible.

Thanks!

J Aaron Farr
Apache Director and OS Summit Conference Planner

Tzu-Chiang Liou
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tcliou
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=543610417
Email: tcliou@ {gmail.com|iis.sinica.edu.tw} || MSN: tcliou at msn.com || Skype: tcliou